Sunday, January 22, 2006

The State of International Broadcasting

The Prague Coat of Arms

I'm currently in Prague at a conference for international broacasters involved in the Radio E project. In English, this means a program called "Network Europe". Listeners to EuroQuest will probably have heard me mention that this piece or that came from Network Europe. This is a magazine program with contributions from Radio Netherlands (us), RFI, DW Radio, Radio Sweden, Radio Romania International, Radio Slovakia and, of course, Radio Prague. Radio Sweden, DW and RFI acutally produce and directly broadcast it, so I guess this makes us a junior partner in the project.

Every 6 months we get together to discuss the current state of our particular flavor of broadcasting: international public radio. Later in the week, safely ensconced in the warm safety of my office in Hilversum, I shall update you with the state of things now and the state of things to come here on the continent, radiophonically speaking.

4 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger ADM said...

J, are you still in town? If so, perhaps Hanka can meet you?

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jonathan Groubert said...

Just leaving now. Would've been too busy anyway. Thanks for the offer on her behalf, I guess.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger HG said...

Jonathan, too bad I've seen this too late!

Adam is now in Toronto, so that's why he said if I could meet you - would have been great to meet you - perhaps just for a coffee when you were busy.

Next time? Are you coming to Prague often?

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger ADM said...

We'll catch you on the show. But it would have been nice. You see, Hanka's the real brains of this team, I'm merely the piccolo to her soprano. That's why I was quite Adam-ant for you to see her -- methinks you wouldn've really liked it. Entertaining, witty, and insightful. Ya know? What can I say....it would have been quite the slice. :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home