Monday, December 25, 2006

The End of the Quest

Yes indeed. It's the last EuroQuest ever!!!

You can listen to the last program here.

Well, it's been a great run with the show playing on hundreds of stations around the world for the better part of a decade and covering literally thousands of subjects. I basically learned how to make proper radio producing this program and so I leave it with some regret.

We are moving onto bigger and better things here at Radio Netherlands Worldwide and so stay tuned for a program called "The State We're In" looking at state of humanity each and every Saturday starting in May.

To those of you who listened radio program each week, I thank you for listening and promise even better things soon. I hope you enjoyed the programs and we'll see you in the new year.

Just in case you're wondering, this blog will no longer be updated.

Cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Jonathan

5 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger I-Chun said...

Dear Jonathan:

I was shocked when I heard this was the last show of EuroQuest. I listen to Radio Netherlands on satellite so normally I hear any program of your station three times a day. The programs are so good that I don’t get tired of them.

I moved from California to Austria in October of 2005. I have felt very disconnected from Graz, the city I am living now. My German is not good enough for me to fully grasp what is going on around me. (I had worked as a reporter. Covering a city was usually how I got to know a place.) I missed NPR terribly. But one day I accidentally found EuroQuest. Although it might sound like a cliché, I have to say it has made me feel much more at home in Europe now. EuroQuest has introduced Europe to me in a language I am familiar with. It has given me many topics to discuss with my friends, who came from Italy, Germany, Columbia, Spain and many other parts of the world. Most of the time, I know what is going on in the Netherlands better than my Dutch friends here.

I have to say my favorite show is the one you and your wife visited an old church that never got to be finished. I cried when I heard your Dalmatian guide sing a melancholy song in Croatian.

Have I mentioned I love the music? You always find the most suitable and hilarious music for a program.

Have a good year. And I look forward to your new programs. I hope they will be as good as the old ones.

I-Chun

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Andrew Huddleston said...

Thanks, Jonathan and RN, for elucidation, education and entertainment for these years. Your work is much appreciated. It has been a great time walking around the world with you.
Peace

Andrew

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm terrible sad that your last show was in Dec. 2006 - I've just discovered your show via prx (its Aug. 2007). Hopefully the new show will be licensed to prx as well, so I can listen to it.

Good luck in your future endevours.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Podcast Directory said...

Ok good. Keep it up. Best of luck.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home